||Section of Cover
||Caravan & Equipment
||The sum insured shown on your policy schedule
||Recovery & Redelivery Costs
||Reasonable costs as per the policy
||60 days in any policy period
||£75 per day for up to a maximum of 14 days
||Return to Your Home
||Family & Friends
||Holiday use included Sections 1-4 and 7
Key Policy Exclusions (see Policy Wording for all exclusions)
- The amount of the excess shown in the policy schedule.
- Theft of the touring caravan unless a hitch lock and wheel clamp or axle lock are fitted in accordance with policy requirements.
- Theft of equipment when the caravan is unoccupied unless there has been violent and forcible entry.
- Theft, attempted theft, malicious damage or vandalism if not reported to the Police within a reasonable time.
- Electrical or mechanical failure, depreciation, weathering, wear and tear, infestation, mildew, corrosion, rot or any similar gradually operating cause.
- Damage caused by or arising from animals, pets, moths or vermin, e.g. chewing, scratching, tearing or fouling.
- Damage to personal possessions, any mechanically propelled vehicle, pedal cycle or water craft.
- Damage as a result of deception, use of forged cheques, invalidity of payment mechanism or similar.
- Damage as a result of theft or attempted theft by you or any occupant or user of your caravan.
- Damage deliberately caused by you or any occupant or user of your caravan.
- Damage to tyres.
- Damage arising from use of portable heaters with a naked flame.
- Damage arising from seepage of water into the caravan through seams or seals.
- Any damage or liability occurring or arising prior to or after the period of insurance.
- Damage or liability which is insured under any other policy of insurance.
- Liability in respect of any person other than you, unless the person seeking the benefit of the cover observes the terms and conditions of this policy and is not entitled to cover under any other policy.
- Liability for death, injury or illness to you, any employee of you, friends and family.
- Liability for damage to property owned by or in the custody or control of you or any person to whom the caravan is lent.
- Liability arising from any deliberate or willful or malicious act.
- Liability arising from the ownership or possession of an animal included under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 (and any amending legislation).
- Liability whilst the caravan is being towed, including if it becomes detached from the towing vehicle. (This cover should be provided by the towing vehicle).
- Exclusions also apply for computer virus and date recognition failure, contamination and pollution, radioactive contamination, terrorism and sabotage, war, sonic bangs, asbestos, toxic mold and financial sanctions, all as described in the policy.
From Windermere to Whitstable, we know your touring caravan comes with you wherever you go, so the cover you have in place has to be reliable; that’s why we’ve tried to give you as much peace-of-mind as possible. Whether this is your very first tourer, or you’re an experienced owner whose had several through the years, we’re here for you.
Up to £30,000 Insured
For even the flashiest of tourers, we’ll grant cover for up to £30,000. So your brand-new prized possession will get the cover it deserves.
Accidental Damage and Theft
Whether you’ve had a break-in, or storms throughout the night damage your caravan, we’ll be there to help cover costs of replacement items and repairs. With just a £100 excess, should the worst happen, you’ll find comfort in the knowledge that your contents will be replaced.
New for Old Cover
For caravans up to 5 years old we’ve a new for old replacement option, so if your caravan is unusable, we’ll find a replacement for you, to get you back on the road as soon as we can, we’ll even offer to get you home, and put £500 towards getting you and your family back , safe and sound.
Who doesn’t love a continental road-trip? We know you do, so that’s why we’ve got a great option for 60 day’s worth of cover in Europe for those long summer trips to the south of France. A Bientôt!
Always read through your policy wording and exclusions, to make sure our cover is right for you.
Our FAQs are intended as a guide and are not exhaustive, you should not rely on these in their entirety and should read the Policy Wording for all policy Terms, Conditions and Exclusions. If you have any additional queries regarding our insurance please use our Contact Us section to call us during normal office hours or contact us by email. We will endeavour to respond to any queries within 24 business hours.