|Section of Cover
|Theft (other than from a vehicle):
||Up to £25,000
|Theft from a vehicle
||Up to £25,000
|Accidental Loss or Damage:
||Up to £25,000
|Hire of Equipment:
||10% of Sum Insured
||Up to £50,000
||30% of sum Insured
|Retrospective Ownership Dispute:
||10% of sum Insured
|Instruments Loaned Out:
Key Policy Exclusions (see Policy Wording for all exclusions)
- The amount of the excess shown in the policy schedule.
- Any claim where the security requirements have not been adhered to.
- Theft from the Insured Location unless involving forcible and/or violent entry or exit.
- Theft by persons to whom the Insured Items have been entrusted (including members of Your Family).
- Theft from an Unoccupied Insured Location.
- Damage to consumable items such as strings, reeds, drum heads, drum skins, bulbs, fuses etc.
- Damage to non-working parts such as trims, edges and fittings or any change in colour or finish.
- Any claim if You are aged under 16 or over 85.
- Theft by persons to whom Insured Items have been Loaned.
- Wear and tear.
- Damage caused by water or chemicals during any operation of cleaning or it being taking apart.
- Superficial scratches or dents.
- Damage where the Insured Item has not been used or maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Harps are some of the most beautifully crafted, and precious instruments in the world. Whether you’ve just started playing, or you’re seasoned, professional harpist, finding the right insurance for you is really important.
Most home insurance policies don’t cover harps; and the ones that do certainly don’t cover them is they are taken out of your home. So if you travel with your harp at all, our insurance policies could give you the peace of mind you need, so you can focus on performing.
Accidental Damage and Theft
Our harp insurance policies cover accidental damage and theft as standard. When you’re on the road, bumps and drops can happen at any time; rest assured that should the worst happen, we’ll be there to help get you back on stage as soon as possible. We can even offer worldwide cover, keeping you protected around in the world, wherever the music takes you.
Public Liability Insurance
For professional musicians, public liability is a vital part of insurance. The vast majority of venues will require you to have a certain level of PL cover in place before you perform. We can offer up to £10 million worth of public liability cover, so should an accident happen when you’re at the venue, or even during your performance – you’ll be covered. Whilst we don’t currently offer a stand-alone public liability policy for musicians, it is included in all our policies as an optional extra.
Instruments we can Insure
- Concert Harp
- Celtic Harp
- Electric Harp
Don’t worry if you can’t find yours here, simply get in touch to find out more.
Take a look at our other instrument pages here:
Our FAQs are intended as a guide and are not exhaustive, you should not rely on these in their entirety and should read the Policy Wording for all policy Terms, Conditions and Exclusions. If you have any additional queries regarding our insurance please use our Contact Us section to get in touch. We will endeavour to respond to any queries within 24 business hours.