|Section of Cover
|Theft (other than from a vehicle):
||Up to £25,000
|Theft from a vehicle
||Up to £25,000
|Accidental Loss or Damage:
||Up to £25,000
|Hire of Equipment:
||10% of Sum Insured
||Up to £50,000
||30% of sum Insured
|Retrospective Ownership Dispute:
||10% of sum Insured
|Instruments Loaned Out:
Key Policy Exclusions (see Policy Wording for all exclusions)
- The amount of the excess shown in the policy schedule.
- Any claim where the security requirements have not been adhered to.
- Theft from the Insured Location unless involving forcible and/or violent entry or exit.
- Theft by persons to whom the Insured Items have been entrusted (including members of Your Family).
- Theft from an Unoccupied Insured Location.
- Damage to consumable items such as strings, reeds, drum heads, drum skins, bulbs, fuses etc.
- Damage to non-working parts such as trims, edges and fittings or any change in colour or finish.
- Any claim if You are aged under 16 or over 85.
- Theft by persons to whom Insured Items have been Loaned.
- Wear and tear.
- Damage caused by water or chemicals during any operation of cleaning or it being taking apart.
- Superficial scratches or dents.
- Damage where the Insured Item has not been used or maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Piano and Keyboard Insurance
Whether you play on an upright or a grand, keyboard or organ every dedicated pianist should be strongly considering insurance.
Many home insurance policies don’t cover pianos at all, and if they do, they certainly don’t cover them away from the house – so for serious musician’s insurance becomes a vital part of protecting your instrument and its accessories.
Accidental Damage and Theft
Accidents happen, and when you’re out and about, hopping from venue to venue, our policy covers your piano against damage caused whilst on the road.
Should the worst happen and your piano or keyboard is stolen, you’ll be covered too, and with our worldwide cover you can rest assured that if you were a victim of theft, you’ll be insured anywhere in the world.
Public Liability Insurance
If you’re a professional musician, then public liability is a vital part of insurance. All venues will require you to have a certain level of PL cover in place. We offer three varying options, up to £10million worth of cover. We also provide professional indemnity cover, this is really useful if you’re ever asked to provide music for a client, and for reasons beyond your control you are unable to provide what was agreed, we can cover you up to £2million.
Instruments we can Insure
- Upright piano
- Grand Piano
- Electric Piano
Don’t worry if you can’t find yours here, simply get in touch to find out more.
Take a look at our other instrument pages here:
Our FAQs are intended as a guide and are not exhaustive, you should not rely on these in their entirety and should read the Policy Wording for all policy Terms, Conditions and Exclusions. If you have any additional queries regarding our insurance please use our Contact Us section to get in touch. We will endeavour to respond to any queries within 24 business hours.