|Section of Cover
|Theft (other than from a vehicle):
||Up to £25,000
|Theft from a vehicle
||Up to £25,000
|Accidental Loss or Damage:
||Up to £25,000
|Hire of Equipment:
||10% of Sum Insured
||Up to £50,000
||30% of sum Insured
|Retrospective Ownership Dispute:
||10% of sum Insured
|Instruments Loaned Out:
Key Policy Exclusions (see Policy Wording for all exclusions)
- The amount of the excess shown in the policy schedule.
- Any claim where the security requirements have not been adhered to.
- Theft from the Insured Location unless involving forcible and/or violent entry or exit.
- Theft by persons to whom the Insured Items have been entrusted (including members of Your Family).
- Theft from an Unoccupied Insured Location.
- Damage to consumable items such as strings, reeds, drum heads, drum skins, bulbs, fuses etc.
- Damage to non-working parts such as trims, edges and fittings or any change in colour or finish.
- Any claim if You are aged under 16 or over 85.
- Theft by persons to whom Insured Items have been Loaned.
- Wear and tear.
- Damage caused by water or chemicals during any operation of cleaning or it being taking apart.
- Superficial scratches or dents.
- Damage where the Insured Item has not been used or maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Woodwind sections cover a vast array of different instruments, and most people play more than one type. That’s why our musical instrument policies allow you to add multiple instruments at the touch of a button, from Piccolos to Contrabassoons, you can make sure your instruments get the cover you require.
Most home insurance policies don’t cover musical instruments; and the ones that do certainly don’t cover them is they are taken out of your home. If you travel with your woodwind instruments at all, our insurance policies could give you the peace of mind you need, so you can focus on performing. Like violins and violas, woodwind instruments are some of the more delicate instruments out there and taking care of them can be challenging, especially if you’re touring and always on the move – that’s why all our policies offer these great benefits:
Accidental Damage and Theft
Our woodwind insurance policies cover accidental damage and theft as standard. With piccolos and flutes being so small and easily damaged you’ll be happy to know that accidental damage and theft are both automatically covered in your policy. When you’re on the road, accidents can happen and our musical instrument insurance is designed to help you focus on the music and nothing more.
Woodwind instruments have all sorts of accessories that go with them, from reeds and grease to cases, stands and even harnesses; you can add accessories to your policy and should they be damaged or stolen, you’ll still be covered – one less thing to worry about.
Public Liability Insurance
If you’re a professional musician, public liability is really important. The vast majority of venues will require you to have a certain level of PL cover in place before you perform. If you’re part of an orchestra, they may have their own public liability cover, but it’s always worth checking and purchasing some for yourself in the event of an accident.
Instruments we can Insure
- Cor Anglais
- Basset Horns
Don’t worry if you can’t find yours here, simply get in touch to find out more.
Take a look at our other instrument pages here:
Our FAQs are intended as a guide and are not exhaustive, you should not rely on these in their entirety and should read the Policy Wording for all policy Terms, Conditions and Exclusions. If you have any additional queries regarding our insurance please use our Contact Us section to get in touch. We will endeavour to respond to any queries within 24 business hours.