|1. Theft of Insured items (not from a vehicle)
||£300 - £50,000
|2. Theft of Insured items (from a vehicle)
||£300 - £50,000
|3. Accidental Loss or Damage
||£300 - £50,000
|4. Hire of Equipment (after a claim)
||10% of sum Insured (max £2,500)
|5. Personal Accident
||Up to £5,000
|6. Public Liability (if selected)
||Up to £5 million
|7. Professional Indemnity (if selected)
||Up to £75,000
Key Policy Exclusions (see Policy Wording for all exclusions)
- Non-UK Residents.
- Hired, rented or borrowed videography equipment.
- Insured items for which you cannot provide evidence of ownership.
- Any items not named on your Schedule of Insured Items or covered within the total value of unspecified items.
- Damage or theft of your equipment when it is left unattended in a tent, caravan or other unsecure accommodation. However cover is provided when equipment is stored in a locked room (e.g. hotel) and where applicable, any security devices are in operation.
- Personal Accident Cover for anyone aged under 16 or over 85.
- Loss, damage or injury where you are taking part in hazardous pursuits or engaging in military operations.
- Theft from an unattended vehicle unless the vehicle is secure, locked and keys removed and the insured item is a locked car boot, glove box or locked rear storage area that has a factory fitted cover in place such as a parcel shelf, and where the contents of said compartment are not viewable from outside the vehicle.
- Theft from any convertible, soft top, or open top vehicle.
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown, unless this results in an immediate fire.
- Equipment is not covered if it is stolen from the Insured Location when the property has been left Unoccupied for 90 consecutive days or more, e.g. you leave the insured location unoccupied and go on holiday for 4 months.
- Any mobile phone, smart phone or tablet computer.
- Any claim resulting from Your use of a Drone and/or any attached Insured Item if You have not complied with the legal requirements and guidelines for Drone operation as required by the United Kingdom government or Civil Aviation Authority.
- Any claim resulting from Your use of a Drone and/or any attached Insured Item whilst being used for commercial gain, inducement or reward, or in any professional capacity.
- Any claim relating to racing any Drone.
- Any liability arising from Your use or ownership of a Drone
Whether you’re a YouTuber producing vlogging content daily, or a film-maker who has one or two projects a year, we know how important your film equipment is to you; because without your equipment you can’t make content and as you know, content is king.
Why do I need Videographer Insurance?
Even the most organised and experienced of videographers, when faced with a big project with several shoot days and locations, can get caught up in the chaotic environment that is film production. Making sure you have film equipment insurance removes that worry of people getting too close to your equipment, inevitable accidents, and sleepless nights panicking about public liability.
What is Covered?
Accidental loss, damage and theft (including from vehicles) come as standard in our policies, and optional extras include worldwide cover and crucially, two of the most important aspects of videographer insurance: public liability insurance and professional indemnity.
What is Public Liability?
Public liability covers damage or injury to other people or objects caused by accidents relating to you or your film equipment. Imagine you’ve taken a break from a shoot, but you’re your tripod in place, so that the shot you’re currently working on isn’t compromised. Now if someone were to trip over your tripod and hurt themselves, your public liability insurance would cover you. Our policy offers up to £5 million worth of cover.
What is Professional Indemnity?
Professional indemnity insurance can be a tad more serious, our policy offers up to £75,000 worth of cover. This protects from claims of negligence, contract breaches, slander and libel (to name a few). Imagine you’re a wedding videographer and you’ve shot several hours of footage, but when you go to upload it, the files have corrupted. Professional indemnity will keep you from losing out, should the now, unhappy couple, decide that you’ve breached your contract. If you’re shooting footage for clients, then seriously consider taking this.
The Eversure Camera Insurance claims experience
Eversure Camera Insurance is underwritten by XL Catlin Insurance Company UK Limited. XL Catlin Insurance Company UK Limited is part of the XL Catlin Group.
For the sixth year running XL Catlin Group has been recognised as the most highly recommended insurer for claims service in the London market in the Gracechurch London Claims Report 2014.
"Our underwriting and claims teams understand the importance of service to our clients. To be recognised for the sixth consecutive year as London claims service leader is fantastic reassurance that we have both a great team along with satisfied brokers and clients."
XL Catlin Group prides itself on providing exceptional service. With any claim it promises its clients:
- Claims teams are available 24/7 and direct contact with the claims handler is provided
- Clear explanations from our claims team about decisions and proposals
- Progress reports and timelines
- The use of world-class expert advisors where necessary.
...and this is what Eversure Camera Insurance customers say about their claims experience
Genuine customer reviews obtained by feefo’s closed invitation-only platform
"This is my second year with this company, unfortunately last year I had to make a claim, the claim was dealt with very efficiently and no quibbling over the small print. When I needed them most they performed well so I was happy to renew with them this year."
Click here to read on feefo
"I am a professional photographer and I insure all of my equipment with Eversure. You'd have to go a long way to find better customer service anywhere. Nothing is too much trouble, I receive accurate, professional and friendly advice, and service is extremely quick. I also feel like I'm dealing with real people rather than a faceless corporate company. I'm a very happy customer and would highly recommend Eversure to others."
Click here to read on feefo
Our FAQs are intended as a guide and are not exhaustive, you should not rely on these in their entirety and should read the Policy Wording for all policy Terms, Conditions and Exclusions. If you have any additional queries regarding our insurance please use our Contact Us section to call us during normal office hours or contact us by email. We will endeavour to respond to any queries within 24 business hours.