|Theft of your cycle
||£100 - £15,000
|Up to £500||£25|
|Up to £1000||£50|
|Up to £2000||£75|
|Accidental damage to your cycle
||£100 - £15,000
|Malicious damage to your cycle
||£100 - £15,000
|Optional Cover Sections
|Cycling Accessories Cover
||Up to £1,500
|Replacement Cycle Hire
||Up to £1000
||Up to £25,000
|Public Liability Cover
||Up to £5 million
||£250 (third party property),
£500 (third party injury)
Key Policy Exclusions (see Policy Wording for all exclusions)
- Using your cycle for commuting to and/or from a place of work, unless you have paid the additional premium for Commuting Use cover and this is stated on your policy schedule.
- Any claim whilst using your cycle for organised events such as triathlons, sportives, cyclo-cross, road cycle races, time trials, track cycling and mountain bike races unless Cycle Event cover has been purchased
- Theft where the security requirements have not been met
- Insured items for which you cannot provide evidence of ownership
- Theft of or damage to accessories or removable parts, unless the cycle is stolen or damaged at the same time
- Tyres or inner tubes unless the cycle suffers accidental or malicious damage at the same time
- Damage that does not impair the function and/or performance of the cycle
- Personal accident cover for anyone aged under 16 or over 69
- Public Liability cover for anyone aged under 16 or over 84
- Any claim where the cycle has been abandoned
Why choose Eversure Cycle Insurance?
Whether you cycle to get to work or just for fun, we offer great value bicycle cover that ensures you can ride without worry!
In addition to covering against theft, accidental and malicious damage, our cycling insurance policy provides personal accident cover in case you’re injured on your travels. We’ll also cover the cost of hiring a replacement bicycle, so you’re not left out of pocket in the event of an accident. With optional public liability cover and bike breakdown available, our policy is suitable for leisure and competitive cyclists alike.
Still not sure? Why not take a look at our Feefo reviews?! We’ve been awarded Feefo Gold Trusted status, having been recognised for our consistently high levels of customers service. Simply click ‘Get a Quick Quote’ to see how much our cycle cover would cost for you.
Cover against theft
According to the Office for National Statistics, there were some 290,000 bike thefts in England and Wales alone from 2016 to 2017. And this figure doesn’t include the huge numbers of cases that go unreported! Whilst there’s steps we can take to mitigate this risk, unfortunately there’s no guarantee we won’t fall victim to bike theft. Our cycle insurance policy protects against this risk up to a value of £15k. Whilst this won’t get your old bike back, it should give you comfort that you’re covered - at home and away.
Cover against accidental damage
Despite our best efforts, accidents can happen – especially when cycling through built up and heavily congested areas. In fact, the RSPA reported that a total of 18,477 cyclists had been involved in road accidents in 2016. If you’re caught up in an accident and your bicycle is damaged, our cycle insurance policy will cover your repair costs up to a value of £15k - allowing you to get back up and running (or riding!) in no time.
New for Old Cover
If you have a new bike, our cycle policies work on a new for old basis. That means that is your cycle is damaged or lost, it will be replaced with a new equivalent model. So, in the future when you’re bicycle is several years old, and is no longer being made, you can get a replacement with the same specification (or as close as possible).
*New for old only applies for bikes purchased from new, second hand bikes will be covered on a market value basis
Don't forget, we can also insure electric bicycles. Check out our electric bike insurance page for more info.
The Eversure Cycle Insurance claims experience
Here's what Eversure Cycle Insurance customers say about their claims experience with us
Genuine customer reviews obtained by feefo’s closed invitation only platform
"This is my second year with this company, unfortunately last year I had to make a claim, the claim was dealt with very efficiently and no quibbling over the small print. When I needed them most they performed well so I was happy to renew with them this year"
Click here to read on feefo
Our FAQs are intended as a guide and are not exhaustive, you should not rely on these in their entirety and should read the Policy Wording for all policy Terms, Conditions and Exclusions. If you have any additional queries regarding our insurance please use our Contact Us section to get in touch. We will endeavour to respond to any queries within 24 business hours.