||Section of Cover
||Caravan & Equipment
||The sum insured shown on your policy schedule
||Recovery & Redelivery Costs
||Reasonable costs as per the policy
||60 days in any policy period
||£75 per day for up to a maximum of 14 days
||Return to Your Home
||Family & Friends
||Holiday use included Sections 1-4 and 7
Key Policy Exclusions (see Policy Wording for all exclusions)
- The amount of the excess shown in the policy schedule.
- Theft of the touring caravan unless a hitch lock and wheel clamp or axle lock are fitted in accordance with policy requirements.
- Theft of equipment when the caravan is unoccupied unless there has been violent and forcible entry.
- Theft, attempted theft, malicious damage or vandalism if not reported to the Police within a reasonable time.
- Electrical or mechanical failure, depreciation, weathering, wear and tear, infestation, mildew, corrosion, rot or any similar gradually operating cause.
- Damage caused by or arising from animals, pets, moths or vermin, e.g. chewing, scratching, tearing or fouling.
- Damage to personal possessions, any mechanically propelled vehicle, pedal cycle or water craft.
- Damage as a result of deception, use of forged cheques, invalidity of payment mechanism or similar.
- Damage as a result of theft or attempted theft by you or any occupant or user of your caravan.
- Damage deliberately caused by you or any occupant or user of your caravan.
- Damage to tyres.
- Damage arising from use of portable heaters with a naked flame.
- Damage arising from seepage of water into the caravan through seams or seals.
- Any damage or liability occurring or arising prior to or after the period of insurance.
- Damage or liability which is insured under any other policy of insurance.
- Liability in respect of any person other than you, unless the person seeking the benefit of the cover observes the terms and conditions of this policy and is not entitled to cover under any other policy.
- Liability for death, injury or illness to you, any employee of you, friends and family.
- Liability for damage to property owned by or in the custody or control of you or any person to whom the caravan is lent.
- Liability arising from any deliberate or willful or malicious act.
- Liability arising from the ownership or possession of an animal included under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 (and any amending legislation).
- Liability whilst the caravan is being towed, including if it becomes detached from the towing vehicle. (This cover should be provided by the towing vehicle).
- Exclusions also apply for computer virus and date recognition failure, contamination and pollution, radioactive contamination, terrorism and sabotage, war, sonic bangs, asbestos, toxic mold and financial sanctions, all as described in the policy.
Keeping Your Business on the Move
Having fleet insurance in place for your business is really important to help mitigate incidents that could otherwise cause you a big headache:
- Less administration
- One renewal date and one telephone number
- Peace of mind
What is Fleet insurance?
Fleet insurance is essentially car or vehicle insurance that covers a range or fleet of different vehicles. It especially benefits businesses who have several vehicles that can all be insured under one policy. Some of the benefits to fleet insurance are specific to businesses such as legal expenses being paid for and cover for any goods in transit that are lost or damaged whilst being transported.
Do I need Fleet Insurance?
You should strongly consider having fleet insurance in place if your business uses three or more vehicles. Fleet cover can be a really useful way of consolidating multiple vehicle policies into a more manageable one. This means more flexibility and could save your business an awful lot of money going forward.
What's in it for me?
Our panel of insurers offer a range of cover levels benefits to help you make the right decision for your fleet. Whether it’s large or small, made up of vans or cars part of a huge national corporation or just starting up, you should be able to find the insurance you need.
Our policies can offer several different cover levels including:
If your company operates across the continent, then your vehicles will be covered in most European nations. So whether there’s a problem round the corner or 100 miles away, you’ll be safe in the knowledge that you’ve got cover should the need arise.
After an accident involving companies, or highly prized vehicles, things can get complicated. If you require legal advice or representation, you’ll be covered for the cost.
Goods in Transit
We know that it's not just your vehicles that you've got to look after. With fleet insurance, often you'll be covered if any losses or damages occur to your goods whilst transporting them, which just gives you one less thing to worry about.
Should you have to claim and go without a vehicle for any significant length of time, you'll be provided with a suitable courtesy vehicle depending on your requirements. This way we can still keep you business moving even after a serious setback.
Fleet rated and NCD rated risks
Even if you don't have years of fleet experience under your belt, or an impressive no claims discount, we'll still happily consider you. So if your business is just starting up or you've changed direction completely and now, for the first time, need to look for fleet insurance, then don't hesitate to get in touch.
Our FAQs are intended as a guide and are not exhaustive, you should not rely on these in their entirety and should read the Policy Wording for all policy Terms, Conditions and Exclusions. If you have any additional queries regarding our insurance please use our Contact Us section to get in touch. We will endeavour to respond to any queries within 24 business hours.