The following levels of cover are available with an Eversure Camera Insurance policy:
|1. Theft of Insured items (not from a vehicle)
||£300 - £50,000
|2. Theft of Insured items (from a vehicle)
||£300 - £50,000
|3. Accidental Loss or Damage
||£300 - £50,000
|4. Hire of Equipment (after a claim)
||10% of sum Insured (max £2,500)
|5. Personal Accident
||Up to £5,000
|6. Public Liability (if selected)
||Up to £5 million
|7. Professional Indemnity (if selected)
||Up to £75,000
Key Policy Exclusions (see Policy Wording for all exclusions)
- Non-UK Residents.
- Hired, rented or borrowed photographic equipment.
- Insured items for which you cannot provide evidence of ownership.
- Any items not named on your Schedule of Insured Items or covered within the total value of unspecified items.
- Damage or theft of your equipment when it is left unattended in a tent, caravan or other unsecure accommodation. However cover is provided when equipment is stored in a locked room (e.g. hotel) and where applicable, any security devices are in operation.
- Personal Accident Cover for anyone aged under 16 or over 85.
- Loss, damage or injury where you are taking part in hazardous pursuits or engaging in military operations.
- Theft from an unattended vehicle unless the vehicle is secure, locked and keys removed and the insured item is a locked car boot, glove box or locked rear storage area that has a factory fitted cover in place such as a parcel shelf, and where the contents of said compartment are not viewable from outside the vehicle.
- Theft from any convertible, soft top, or open top vehicle.
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown, unless this results in an immediate fire.
- Equipment is not covered if it is stolen from the Insured Location when the property has been left Unoccupied for 90 consecutive days or more, e.g. you leave the insured location unoccupied and go on holiday for 4 months.
- Any mobile phone, smart phone or tablet computer.
- Any claim resulting from Your use of a Drone and/or any attached Insured Item if You have not complied with the legal requirements and guidelines for Drone operation as required by the United Kingdom government or Civil Aviation Authority.
- Any claim resulting from Your use of a Drone and/or any attached Insured Item whilst being used for commercial gain, inducement or reward, or in any professional capacity.
- Any claim relating to racing any Drone.
- Any liability arising from Your use or ownership of a Drone
Camera Insurance from Eversure
Whether you’ve just bought your very first DSLR or you were born with a camera in your hand, we’ve got cover to suit everyone’s needs. The last thing you want to worry about on a shoot, is whether you’ll be covered should the worst happen to your camera and its equipment, making sure you’ve got insurance in place, will help keep those fears at bay.
We’ve added some really useful features to our policy, so take a look at how we can help you.
Zero Admin Fees
Making changes to your policy has never been easier. We charge no admin fees, so if you treat yourself to a brand-new lens, adding it to your policy is easy, simply get in touch by email and we’ll do the rest.
Theft (Including from a Vehicle)
All our camera policies come with theft (including from a vehicle) cover as standard. As long as you’ve kept your camera and its equipment in a safe and locked part of the car such as the glove box or boot, you’ll be covered.
New for Old Cover
New for old cover simply means that if your camera or videography equipment is lost or damaged beyond repair it will be replaced by the new equivalent model. One really good thing about this feature is that even if your camera is several years old and is no longer made, you will usually be able to replace this with a camera with the same specifications (or as close as possible).
£100 Excess as Standard
With a low excess amount, we’ve tried to make repairs and claims as pain-free as possible. This is the maximum excess you’ll have to pay, not a penny more.
For the globetrotting photographers out there; if you’re a keen traveller, our policy will extend around the planet with you for trips up to a whopping 120 days in length. As long as there isn’t a travel advisory against the country you’re visiting, you’ll be covered there.
Always read through your policy wording and exclusions, to make sure our cover is right for you.
We require that you are able to provide evidence of ownership for each item that you wish to insure, in the event of a claim.
We can accept either:
- A receipt, invoice or credit agreement stating the item, value and date of purchase.
Or at least two of the following:
- Clear photographs of your equipment which are date and time stamped.
- A bank or credit card statement showing the date and value of the purchase and the retailer\'s details.
- Packaging and literature which shows details of the item and purchase.
- A recent valuation or repair statement from a reputable camera dealer stating the item, value and date.
- For items purchased through an online auction such as eBay; a printed copy of the original auction, including photos, description and auction number as well as the relevant proof of payment.
The Eversure Camera Insurance claims experience
Eversure Camera Insurance is underwritten by XL Catlin Insurance Company UK Limited. XL Catlin Insurance Company UK Limited is part of the XL Catlin Group.
For the sixth year running XL Catlin Group has been recognised as the most highly recommended insurer for claims service in the London market in the Gracechurch London Claims Report 2014.
"Our underwriting and claims teams understand the importance of service to our clients. To be recognised for the sixth consecutive year as London claims service leader is fantastic reassurance that we have both a great team along with satisfied brokers and clients."
XL Catlin Group prides itself on providing exceptional service. With any claim it promises its clients:
- Claims teams are available 24/7 and direct contact with the claims handler is provided
- Clear explanations from our claims team about decisions and proposals
- Progress reports and timelines
- The use of world-class expert advisors where necessary.
...and this is what Eversure Camera Insurance customers say about their claims experience
Genuine customer reviews obtained by feefo’s closed invitation-only platform
"This is my second year with this company, unfortunately last year I had to make a claim, the claim was dealt with very efficiently and no quibbling over the small print. When I needed them most they performed well so I was happy to renew with them this year."
Click here to read on feefo
"I am a professional photographer and I insure all of my equipment with Eversure. You'd have to go a long way to find better customer service anywhere. Nothing is too much trouble, I receive accurate, professional and friendly advice, and service is extremely quick. I also feel like I'm dealing with real people rather than a faceless corporate company. I'm a very happy customer and would highly recommend Eversure to others."
Click here to read on feefo
Our FAQs are intended as a guide and are not exhaustive, you should not rely on these in their entirety and should read the Policy Wording for all policy Terms, Conditions and Exclusions. If you have any additional queries regarding our insurance please use our Contact Us section to call us during normal office hours or contact us by email. We will endeavour to respond to any queries within 24 business hours.