Theft Cover
Photography Insurance Explained
By , 1 December 2021

What is Theft Cover?

Like accidental loss, theft cover is another very common policy benefit with regards to photography insurance. It’s also equally as straightforward.

Theft cover simply means that your insured items will be replaced if they get stolen from you.

Is Theft Cover Always Included?

On Eversure polices you will always find theft cover included in your cover (unless you were to choose a public liability-only policy). So you can relax, safe in the knowledge that your camera and any other insured items will be covered for theft.

What Does Forcible Entry Mean?

Forcible entry is a phrase that you may have heard when considering theft cover, it’s something claims handlers will ask for proof of if the equipment has been stolen from the Insured Location, so that they know customers have taken the right security steps with their insured items.

So it’s always a good idea to check that you camera and equipment are in a secured and locked location if left unattended for any period of time.

How Do I Claim

There are few worse feelings then realizing you’ve been the victim of a theft and your most prized possessions have been taken.

Once you’re sure that your equipment has been stolen always phone the police in the first instance as you’ll need a crime reference number to get your claim started, whether you’re in the UK or abroad.

You should refer to our claim form so you know exactly what you need to provide for your claim to go as smoothly as possible:

I've Still Got Some Questions...

No problem, you can check out our FAQs at the bottom of our Photography Insurance page for more answers.

Equally, you can get in touch with our fantastic customer service team by using our contact us form