Worldwide Cover
Photography Insurance Explained
By , 1 December 2021

What is Worldwide Cover?

Worldwide cover is an optional add on to your photography insurance that means you’ll still be covered to take your camera or equipment outside of the UK. It’s not included as standard in our insurance policies so if you do want it you’ll need to select it during your quote build.

This will extend most of your cover included in your policy once you leave the UK. For example if you have public liability cover in place, this will still protect you once you’re abroad, meaning you’ll have less to stress about whilst travelling around with your gear! Check the policy wording

Do I Need Worldwide Cover?

If you plan on travelling abroad with your camera or any equipment, then it’s well worth considering worldwide cover. That said, it’s not a necessity, even if you do travel abroad. Just know that if you do need to claim whilst abroad and you don’t have worldwide cover, your claim won’t be successful. So for peace-of-mind, it’s certainly something worth considering.

Where Will I Be Covered?

With worldwide cover from Eversure, you’ll be protected anywhere in the world excluding any country or region where the Foreign Office has advised against all travel or all but essential travel.

You can check the updated list of countries on the UK government website so you can stay up-to-date with any changes.

Always check before you choose to take your camera and equipment abroad with you as this list can change suddenly, especially if you travel to a more troubled part of the world.

Do I Need to Tell You I’m Travelling Abroad?

In a word, no. As long as your cover includes worldwide protection, then you’ll never need to tell us in advance that you’re leaving the country – which means you’re free to move around the world with your equipment knowing we’ve got your back along the way.

How Can I Claim?

Having to make a claim on your photography insurance can be stressful at the best of times; but when you’re in a foreign country with potential language barrier issues it can take it to a whole new level!

In the first instance, once you’re sure you need to make a claim, head to our claim form for the full and comprehensive list of documents you’ll to start. It’s possible that you may need a crime number (or equivalent) from the local police force if your camera was stolen or damaged in an attempted theft, so contact the police straight away if you need to.

It’s always a good idea to keep hold of all documentation that may help your claim – our claim form outlines exactly what you need to provide in order to process a claim so taking a look at that before disaster strikes is a good idea.

I've Still Got Some Questions...

No problem, you can check out our FAQs at the bottom of our Photography Insurance page for more answers.

Equally, you can get in touch with our fantastic customer service team by using our contact us form