|Cover Level 1: Silver
- Roadside assistance for your vehicle if it is one mile or more away from your home address.
- Local recovery to nearest suitable garage within 25 miles if your vehicle cannot be repaired at the roadside.
- Onward travel (after receiving local recovery), which consists of a choice of:
- Rail, bus, coach, or equivalent costs of more convenient travel allowing you to continue your journey, or;
- Overnight hotel accommodation Overnight hotel accommodation up to £150 for a lone person (£75 per person, up to £600 in total for multiple passengers) or;
- Replacement vehicle hire up to £300
- National recovery of your vehicle to your home address (or original destination if you prefer and it is closer) within the Territorial Limits, if repair cannot be made at the roadside or at a suitable garage on the same working day
|Cover Level 2: Gold
Offers the following in addition to Cover Level 1: Silver benefits:
- Home Start - assistance at or within 1 mile of your home address
|Cover Level 3: Platinum
Offers the following in addition to Cover Level 2: Gold benefits:
- Draining incorrect fuel
- Repair of affected engine parts (up to £500)
Key Policy Exclusions (see Policy Wording for all exclusions)
Annual UK & European Breakdown Cover (Collinson)
- Any breakdown assistance within 48 hours of purchase
- Vehicles exceeding the maximum age limit for their type at the date you buy the policy
- vehicles more than 3,500kg in weight (including any load), 7 metres long, 3 metres high and 2.25 metres wide.
- Breakdowns or accidents relating to a caravan or trailer
- The cost of any parts, components or materials used to repair the vehicle
- Assistance following an accident, theft, fire, or vandalism
- Breakdowns caused by failure to maintain the vehicle in a roadworthy condition including maintenance of proper levels of oil, water, or tyres
- Assistance on certain Auto Routes in Europe - you must use the official SOS boxes to arrange assistance. Once the vehicle has been recovered from the Auto Route, you should contact us, and we will make any further arrangements for you
- Service where glass or windscreens have been damaged
- Claims totalling more than £15,000.00 in any one period of insurance
This Time, It's Personal.
What is Personal Breakdown Cover?
Unlike vehicle cover, Personal Breakdown Cover ensures you are covered whilst travelling in any car (or motorbike), this means you get much more flexibility with your policy. If you find yourself driving more than one vehicle throughout the year, then personal breakdown cover could be the right choice for you.
We’ve outlined some of the most popular benefits of Personal Breakdown Cover below.
You can turn your personal cover into a joint policy by adding up to a total of four family members who live at the same address as you. This means that you can cover your entire family on any vehicle they drive. So if you’re sharing the driving on a long journey or setting your kids up with their very first car, the people you care about most will have breakdown cover for when they need it.
One of the most beneficial aspects of personal breakdown is the cover you’re afforded even if you’re a passenger in another car. This gives you the flexibility and peace-of-mind when in someone else's car, that you can be assisted should you need it.
A very popular optional extra amongst our customers is Home Start. Some days things really don’t go your way, and when your breakdown happens before you even get going, you’ll be safe on the knowledge that help will still be on the way. If you’re stuck on your driveway or within up to a mile away from your house, you’ll be able to get assistance exactly where you are.
Should repairs to your vehicle be severe, or parts are difficult to get hold of, then you’ll have the option of overnight accommodation to wait out repairs in comfort. You’ll have up to £600 to spend in total for you and passengers for somewhere to stay, hopefully making what can be a stressful situation, that little bit easier.
Do make sure you check the policy wording for all terms and exclusions to make sure you get the right cover for you.
Our FAQs are intended as a guide and are not exhaustive, you should not rely on these in their entirety and should read the Policy Wording for all policy Terms, Conditions and Exclusions. If you have any additional queries regarding our insurance please use our Contact Us section to get in touch. We will endeavour to respond to any queries within 24 business hours.